This Orthodox Church located in Komsomolskaya street is one of the most beloved by locals and pilgrims from all over Russia.
The construction of the Church associated with the tragic events of the Time of Troubles. It was built in 1614 near a mound dedicated to Zaraysk defenders from Polish invaders, warriors from Arzamas, who died in the battle of Zaraysk in 1608.
The iconostasis of the Annunciation Church in the form of a multi-tiered, made in the forms of early classicism with the elements of rocaille. The icons were painted by Palekh painters.
During the Soviet times, the Annunciation Church was the only operating temple in Zaraysk.